“Really? From a respected company like Powerchange?” Unapologetically, yes.
Needless to say, this isn’t for everyone, but we are responding to the clear need and longing of some of our clients to reach out to higher levels of personal strength and authority in their lives, taking them beyond the limitations of conventional coaching towards giving significant attention to less measurable, invisible aspects of personal development – the deepest beliefs they have that affect all others.
Many respected universities and academic centres now have ongoing research focusing on ‘spiritual’ processes like meditation, compassionate contemplation, mindfulness, and other spiritually-oriented health programmes. Using the latest technology and proven scientific method, hard-nosed researchers are able to examine the real-time effect of spiritual experiences using fMRI scanning and other techniques.
The benefits of a more spiritual approach are being recognised increasingly among this growing number of researchers and psychologists in our 21st Century world, with a body of evidence that shows spirituality having significant and measurable beneficial outcomes. These include, deeper daily satisfaction, improved emotional and physical health, an ability to keep life in perspective, reductions in stress and mental illness, and increased inner strength – strength that does not depend on a demand for control, but rather on a natural ‘kind’ authority.
To put it bluntly…
…it works – and you don’t even have to believe in God!
It seems that the benefits are linked as much to the primal ‘hard wiring’ of the human brain to believe in some sort of ‘higher power’ or deity as to the believe-or-not choices you actually make.
This hard-wiring is generally recognised by scientists across the whole spectrum of religious belief, from passionate atheists committed to a rigid materialist doctrine to equally passionate believers taking a diametrically opposite position.
The results are clear:
- There seems to be a primal human drive to believe in and reach out towards ‘something’ higher, beyond ourselves.
- Accepting the reality of this drive, and collaborating with it (rather than denying, ignoring, or even ridiculing it) improves people’s quality of life – and they live longer with less stress.
- Belief in a benevolent, kind, loving God is good for you.
- Belief in a punitive ‘cold’ judgemental God is actively damaging.
- A commitment to honest ‘seeking after truth’ has significant and measurable beneficial outcomes.
- Giving ‘significant attention’ to this is important. (Scientists recommend a minimum of 30 minutes of private meditative space at the beginning of the day.)
- There is no conflict between spirituality and good science.
So what is Powerchange’s approach?
If you want to know more, just ask! Whilst we happily recognise that spirituality can have its roots in all sorts of origins, from ancient crystals to mainstream ‘top five’ religions (our company background philosophy is primarily Judeo-Christian) we are pleased to offer personalised spiritual coaching to clients who want to explore this influential field because we know it works.